- Participation of traditionally marginalised groups in public decision-making processes.
- Transparency, consistency and predictability in public decision-making processes.
The Pacific Centre for Participatory Democracy is a volunteer-based non-governmental organisation that:
- facilitates events and promotes dialogue on good governance and democratic participation in decision-making by people from cultural, linguistic and ethnic minority groups;
- conducts, collates and promotes empirically-based research on good-practice in public policy decision-making processes;
- provides training and technical assistance to governmental, private and non-governmental organisations in areas related to the Centre’s expertise;
- facilitates access to and exchange of ideas and experiences with individuals and organisations in the Pacific region;
- accesses, develops and promotes a range of initiatives, resources and tools for stakeholders to use in their organisational structures and systems.
Contact us for more information about current and future activities.